HIDRACAR piston type accumulators are the strongest and most reliable oleo-pneumatic accumulators in the market. They are made in carbon steel and the separator element is a piston made in aluminium.
Made in a range of available volumes from 0.1 to 50 litres and design pressures of up to 1,000 bar.
We can also provide them fitted with an indicator rod.
ADVANTAGES OF PISTON ACCUMULATORS:
A) Greater volumetric efficiency, since:
- They can work by completely empty of gas without deterioration of the piston.
- The relation between maximum and minimum pressures can reach a value of 25, much more higher than in bladder type.
- The Direct contact of the gas with the internal surface of the accumulator reduces the compression coefficient of the gas.
- It can be used as a transfer application with an auxiliary gas bottle.
b) The quick displacement of the piston, its low weight and its unrestricted connection port section, allows a high output flow. The response time of the piston is of the order of 3 milliseconds.
c) The modular construction allows the manufacture of many different sizes from basic components, resulting in:
- Competitive prices, especially with the transfer application (where a nitrogen bottle is connected to the gas side of the piston accumulator).
- Accumulators sized according to your needs space constraints in your facilities.
- Interchangeable spare parts.
- Minimum cost of service and maintenance.
WHEN TO USE A PISTON ACCUMULATOR:
- In applications where a potential sudden rupture of the bladder, with the resulting complete discharge of the gas into the circuit, could represent a hazard or be functionally unacceptable (due to the dissolution of the gas in the reservoir oil and the consequent possibility of Cavitation occurs in the pump).
- When the liquid has to be stored between a narrow pressure differential and additional gas bottles are used (transfer application).
- When the pre-charge pressure is very similar to the minimum working pressure.
- When a high flow rate is in place and a minimum differential pressure is required.
- When the sudden complete discharge of the stored liquid takes place.
- When the maximum working pressure is more than four times the pre-charge pressure.
WHEN A PISTON ACCUMULATOR SHOULD NOT BE USED:
- When the total cycle duration (load + discharge) is less than 1 second.
- When the size of the particles of impurities in the circuit is greater than 75 microns and/or the liquid in the circuit is incompatible with the use of lapping inner surface in carbon steel or stainless steel.