HIDRACAR piston type accumulators are the strongest and most reliable oleo-pneumatic accumulators in the market. They are made in carbon steel and the separator element is a piston made in aluminium.
Made in a range of available volumes from 0.1 to 50 litres and design pressures of up to 1,000 bar.
We can also provide them fitted with an indicator rod.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PISTON TYPE ACCUMULATORS:
a) Higher volumetric efficiency, as:
- They can work getting completely empty of gas with no piston deterioration.
- The max. pressure / min. pressure ratio can reach as much as 25.
- The direct contact of the gas with the accumulator inner surface reduces the compression coefficient of the gas.
- Can be used as a transfer application with an auxiliary gas cylinder.
b) The piston displacement sweep, its low weight and its unrestricted outlet allow for a high exit flow. The piston response time is in the order of 3 milliseconds.
c) The modular construction allows the manufacture of many different sizes from a few basic parts, what results in:
- Competitive prices, especially with the transfer application (when a nitrogen gas cylinder is connected to the gas side of the piston accumulator).
- Accumulators sized according to your needs and the room available at your premises.
- Interchangeable spare parts.
- Minimum service and maintenance costs.
WHEN TO USE A PISTON TYPE ACCUMULATOR:
- In applications in which a possible sudden breaking of the bladder could take place, with the resulting full discharge of the gas into the circuit, could be dangerous or operationally unacceptable (dissolving of the gas into the oil of the tank and the possibility of cavitation in the pump).
- When the liquid must be stored between a narrow pressure differential and auxiliary cylinders are used (transfer application).
- When the pre-charge pressure is very close to the minimum working pressure.
- When a high flow rate with a minimum pressure differential is needed.
- When there is a sudden full discharge of the stored liquid.
- When the maximum working pressure is higher than four times the pre-charge pressure.
WHEN A PISTON TYPE ACCUMULATOR SHOULDN’T BE USED:
- When the total cycle (charge + discharge) duration is shorter than 1 second.
- When the size of the pollutant particles in the circuit is bigger than 75 microns and the liquid in the circuit is incompatible with the use of a honed inner surface of the carbon steel or stainless steel body.